Tuesday 22 January 2013


Well here I sit staring at a blank page, or my version of that.  I wonder why on earth I started a blog, what was I thinking?  Where do I want to go with it.  In the past, random gym people encouraged me to write about my clients and life at the gym. It seemed like a breech of their privacy even if I changed their names. I don't know that my daily life is all that exciting.  Not to mention I would rather knit or bake or quilt or read or almost anything than write.  It is a toss up to clean the bathrooms or write on my blog.  You get what I am saying?  Although I see the need to improve myself, or shall we say do something's I might rather not. Hmmm my grandmother is most likely not impressed with my grammar.  You see if I try to self analyze, I have tried to please those around me all my life. I am a pleaser.  Not always a good thing.  I remember a good friend telling me an eon ago that I needed to love myself before anyone else could love me. Wise words, but very hard for me. I was always trying to please too many people.  We can start with my sister.  I have adored her forever.  I remember a time when I would do anything for her.  I am now maybe a little more reasonable. I still love her unreservedly but can now live my own life. You see I went to visit her yesterday and make some wooden blocks with her. It was a very nostalgic moment for me.  I used to go to her place a few times a week when my kids were little, if we lived in the same city.  When she lived in Vancouver we were there so often, if you asked my youngest Simonne where we lived she would say "Bancouber" in her cute little voice.  My she was adorable.  Kind of like the poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow about the little girl with a curl in the middle of her forehead. When she was good, she was very, very good, but when she was bad...  Yup that is Simonne still.  I was really going to tell you all about how I had gone to my sister Cheri's house yesterday and what fun we had. I came home telling Brian I need to go more often, as I feel the need to organize my house better.  I wish I was nearly as neat and organized as Cheri is. Oh my house is clean, but nowhere as nicely put together as my sisters is.  I seem to be going in ten directions at once. I might try to think I have one project on the go at any given time, sadly that is not the truth.

I laugh as I read over what I have written. I must confess I have told myself I can not edit myself to excessively or I would never post anything.

So back to my sister, I love her house, her style, and her blog.  Don't get me wrong I am not jealous at all. I don't want to be her.  I want to be me, you see I have learned to love myself.  I might actually be better at a few things than I thought I was. I love to sew, bake, knitting is a newly reclaimed love. I am actually playing with the thought of learning to spin my own wool.  Ok one day after I organize my house better.  I just have to take time out to play with my adorable grand kids. I can't seem to get enough of them, they are so cute. I just hope that in some way I can make their world a better place.

As I find myself rambling. I feel the need to go knit, as my grain free coconut lemon blueberry biscotti finishes baking.

1 comment:

  1. Love you too!! It was wonderful fun to make something together again.

    And...thanks for the sweet words and the love. Made my day :)

    ReplyDelete