Sunday 27 January 2013

Choco-Coconut Cookies

I must be on a roll, or all good things come in threes, as I have another delightful cookie recipe for you to try. They are grain free, refined sugar free and dairy free.  I am not sure but they just might be my favorite ones yet.

I should start at the beginning of this story.

 I love to have friends over, dinner, tea or just a visit.  Some very good friends of ours came for dinner last night.  Everything was perfect, the steaks, a new salad we tried from joy the baker, and herb roasted potatoes.  Our friends brought the desert.  This is usually a trick for me as there are so many things I can't eat and desert just doesn't work unless I make it myself.  Now I must say I didn't say no to these cookies.  The lonely cookies that survived the night did not survive my daughter the next day.  So I just had to make some more tonight.  There are some of you out there needing to make something new as well.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
2Tbsp maple syrup
2 eggs
2Tbsp cocoa
1 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup chocolate chips
Pinch of baking soda

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix oil, maple syrup and eggs.  Mix in coconut, cocoa, and baking soda.  Fold in chocolate chips and almonds.  Drop by teaspoon onto parchment lined baking sheet.  Bake for 20 min.  Cool on parchment until cool.  Enjoy. We did.

I would put more photos on but for some reason the blog is conspiring against me and I can't get more photos on for some reason.  Trust me they are good.  I used a fine flake coconut but they are better with a larger flake coconut.


1 comment:

  1. They sound soon good , I will probably make them tomorrow
    Love you
    Thanks, mom

    ReplyDelete